And just to review what 100 Ingredients is all about …
We’re not going head to head with Bon Appetit. Tasty, healthy, big flavors that only use ingredients on the one shopping list for the year. YES. That said, this very simple Chili recipe has nothing to apologize for, and when served with cornbread or cornbread croutons on a Friday night after a long week, all is right with the world.Total cook time, 30 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 28 oz. can of chopped tomatoes
- 14 oz. can of black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan and add chopped onions, green pepper and minced garlic. Cook for 5 minutes on high heat stirring frequently.
- Add cumin, salt, black and cayenne pepper and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, beans and corn.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for another 20 minutes and serve warm with Southwestern Cornbread.