Carrots have never tasted so good. I picked them up this morning at the Farmer’s Market, and I trust they were picked just a few days ago. The fresh taste was compounded with freshly grated ginger and orange zest as I tweaked a my gingered carrot recipe from back in the day that called for powdered ginger and lots of brown sugar and butter. This is my new favorite carrot recipe, with none others even approaching even a close second. Definitely on the menu for Easter dinner.
- 2 cups sliced or miniature carrots
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger root
- 1 tsp. freshly grated orange zest
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 Tbsp butter
- Peel and slice carrots to desired size and steam for five minutes.
- Remove to a serving bowl and add brown sugar, salt, orange juice and butter. Top with grated ginger and orange zest.
- Serve warm.