The motivation for soup was 12 oz. of sliced mushrooms that were on the brink of decline, and the realization that a salad wasn’t going to cut it for Sunday dinner. Saying to myself, “How bad can it be?” I took a stab at a fast soup. And it wasn’t bad at all.
- 12 oz. sliced white mushrooms
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp half and half (totally optional)
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onions
- Chop yellow onion and add to 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a heated sauce pan.
- Stir frequently on high heat for 3-4 minutes. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium and cover for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 2 cups of vegetable stock.
- Mix with an immersion blender for a minute or two to create a partially blended/partially chunky soup.
- Add half and half if desired and reheat on medium for 5 minutes.
- Pour into soup bowls and top with chopped green onions.