This thoroughly delightful mix of colors and flavors came together lickety split for a few reasons: The salmon and the vegetables roasted in the same oven for the same amount of time, and the marinade for the salmon was the same as the dressing for the arugula. The roasted vegetables served to wilt most of the arugula and partially wilted and partially fresh greens added a nice dimension to this beautiful dish.
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. agave nectar (or honey)
- 3 red peppers
- 2 zucchini
- 2 medium yellow onion
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds of salmon filets
- 3 Tbsp. sliced green onions
- 12 oz. arugula
- Preheat oven to 375
- Whisk together 3 Tbsp. olive oil, 2 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice, 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard, and 1 Tbsp. of agave nectar.
- Remove skin from salmon. Pour half of the dressing over the filets and set aside.
- Slice onion, red peppers and zucchini lengthwise and combine with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, salt and pepper in a roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Place a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Transfer salmon filets to a baking dish coated with cooking spray, and cook at 375 for 15 minutes.
- While vegetables and salmon are cooking, finely slice green onions, set aside.
- Create a bed of arugula on a platter and sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. of the dressing. .
- When vegetables are tender and salmon is flaky, remove from oven.
- Add hot vegetables to the bed of arugula and top with salmon and the remaining dressing. Sprinkle green onions on top of the salmon and serve.