When I wanted a fun idea for the Easter dinner table that incorporated Easter eggs and was executed with great attention to detail, I knew where to turn. Anna came up with these little chickens and one will be at everyone’s place for Easter dinner.
- Boiled eggs (one per guest)
- Red Pepper
- Matchstick carrots
- Raisins or black olives
- One slice of cheddar cheese
- Boil eggs and carefully peel.
- Slice off the bottom portion of the thicker end of the egg so that chicks can stand upright. Cut thin slices from a red pepper and carve out a little three-pointed comb. Cut a small slit in the top of the egg and insert comb.
- Cut two equal sized matchstick carrots and insert into the center of the egg as the chicken’s beak. Poke two holes for eyes using a toothpick or bamboo skewer, and insert pieces of raisins or Kalamata olives for eyes.
- Using a small knife and a slice of cheese, carve out two tiny feet per egg. Place lettuce leaves on individual plates. Position the cheese feet on a flat spot on the lettuce, and position the chick on top of the feet.
- Place one chick at every place setting.