The combination of roasted beets and blueberries rocked my world. This is a salad that I’m going to make many, many more times and the most important thing to remember moving forward: make twice as much. Whether you plan to make a meal out of this or to have it on the side, you will absolutely not want to face a paltry portion. Next time around, I think I might also try adding some thinly sliced red onions. In addition to the feta, the beet/blueberry combo could welcome any number of variations for a salad that has been catapulted to the top of my go-to list.
- 16 oz. fresh spinach or field greens
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 fresh medium-sized beets, roasted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 8 oz. crumbled feta
- 1/3 cup orange vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 375. Scrub beets. Trim off roots and tops. Coat with olive oil, and roast at 375 for 30 minutes.
- Allow cooked beets to cool for a few minutes. Remove skin and slice into thin rounds.
- Add spinach or field greens to a large salad bowl. Top with beets, fresh blueberries and feta.
- Toss with orange vinaigrette dressing.