Love Avocados. Love. Love. Love. Their one, small problem is a shelf life of about 6 hours. They come home from the store as oblong baseballs and proceed to peak in the middle of the night before beginning their descent into spotted, brown mushiness. For those times that the up-to-the minute status of the avocados has not been top of mind throughout the week, and I discover one or two of them that are not going to make it for another day, it’s important to act fast, and that’s where this recipe has saved many an avocado from the compost.
- 2-3 firm ripe avocados
- 2-3 oranges
- 1/4 cup of finely sliced red onion
- Orange Vinaigrette
- Slice avocados into a serving bowl.
- Peel oranges with a knife over the bowl so that any juice drips onto the avocados. Cut the oranges into sections, removing as much of the white skin and center pith as possible.
- Add in 1/4 cup of finely sliced red onion.
- Sprinkle with 2-3 Tbsp. of Orange Vinaigrette